Wednesday 7 March 2012

Lets stay somewhere EVERYONE can see..

I like to think I have fairly respectable taste in music. That being said one of my favourite songs, possibly ever, is The Wanted's triumph 'Glad You Came'. There are many reasons I wish this was not so, but there it is. I like it because its got a catchy beat, an easy to learn chorus and some of the most appallingly ridiculous lyrics of all time. The song charts the efforts of a young man, presumably out "in da club", hoping to take a young lady home for a night of sexual frivolity. How he goes about it is, not only suspect, but probably open for improvement. 

You cast a spell on me, spell on me
You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me

From the off I am confused as to why the benefactor of this song should feel complimented. This clearly implies that, in the eyes of The Wanted, they are an obese warlock. 

I decided you look well on me

This is just frightening. Its like a letter a serial killer would write before he kills someone and wears their skin under his clothes. 

Hand you another drink
Drink it if you can

This is my favourite line from this masterpiece. Nothing makes me want to go home with a guy more than a good old fashioned throw down. The beauty of this is because of the incited challenge, the drink will definitely be drunk, and there are probably Roofies in it! Everyone wins!

Stay with me, I can make
Make you glad you came

I'm sure there are other reasons apart from you that she's glad she's come. Maybe all of her friends from school are there and she hasn't seen them in months, and she's having drunken DMCs about how growing up was difficult, but everyone's come so far. And her hair is really working tonight. And the music is bangin'. Get off your god damn horse! What? Double entendre? I don't... OOOOHHH... Well played The Wanted. 

The sun goes down
The stars come out

Silver lining; the guys observant. So at the very least you could get a confidence booster out of the fact that he has recognised that you are, in fact, female. 



All that counts
Is here and now

Downside; he's inconsiderate. I mean what if you have work in the morning?

I know my opinions makes it seem like I take the Liz Lemon approach to night life seduction... And I am fine with that. 

Niamh (Sister-In-Law of Kevin Federline)

No comments:

Post a Comment